Why are we looking for a ‘unicorn’ you might ask?
Well, Google describes a unicorn as, “something that is highly desirable but highly difficult to find” and that is EXACTLY what we are after!
We are after someone is hungry to learn, work and grow as part of our team.
Brand Warrior Communications is a three-year-old marketing agency, and one that is growing too quickly for us to keep up – which is why we are looking for our unicorn!
We are a small and nimble team of educated, experienced and enthusiastic marketing professionals who love the challenge and thrill that goes hand-in-hand with a start-up business. We have a diverse portfolio of clients that we love, all with varying marketing, advertising, and PR needs. The nature of our work requires us to have a ‘YES’ attitude and we will always be ready for a new challenge (but we secretly get a kick out it anyway).
So… we are looking for a talented someone who can join our team and hit the ground running.
Responsibilities and Duties
No two days are the same in our Brand Warrior office, and you need to be comfortable with a level of chaos. We work hard, play hard and most of all, we are wildly passionate about helping our clients grow. Your role will include the duties listed below, however, for the right person, there is room to develop and evolve with the business. ‘Typical’ jobs will include:
Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google my Business – Twitter and Pinterest are a bonus):
- Planning, creating, and scheduling regular social media posts that align with individual client needs
- Build an engaged social community through regular and frequent communications (commenting, liking, responding to private messages – generally ‘socialising’)
- Engage new customers and brand accounts
- Analyse and interpret customer data across numerous digital channels to draw insights for overall reporting and optimisation
Blog & EDM Creation
- Idea generation – providing relevant themes and subjects that align with individual brands
- Writing the content / copywriting for a variety of channels
- Uploading blogs to website, using appropriate formatting and imagery
- Using Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor or vinCreative platforms to build EDMs
- Monthly reporting and insights
- Utilising the Google suite, specifically; Google my Business, Google Analytics, Google data studio and Google Ads
- Google Analytics setup and optimisation for individual brands
- Monthly reporting and analysis to draw insights from previous marketing activity
- Reviewing functionality and overall performance of websites
- Copywriting and content creation
- Understanding of SEO and provide recommendations on how to improve
- Administering content updates and uploading blogs/news articles
- Manage our public relations database on Hubspot and client CRM systems
- Create, analyse, and make recommendations on six-monthly digital marketing reviews
- Assist with special projects as guided by the team
- Other digital, marketing and account service admin as required
Our unicorn will be someone who:
- Has a tertiary qualification in marketing and or communications
- Can prioritise and meet a portfolio of deadlines (being comfortable with a healthy amount of chaos will work in your favour)
- Has a positive can-do attitude and eagerness to learn
- Is organised, proactive and can plan, who is not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Has an in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and social media management tools
- Is an avid and creative writer with strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Creativity and a sense of humour is a MUST
- Minimum of one-year experience in a similar marketing and communications role
The Finer Details
This is a part-time position with a minimum of 15 hours per week (with an initial three month trial period), however there is scope to quickly grow into a full-time role for the right person. Flexible working hours can be negotiated.
If you think you could be our unicorn, and you like the sound of becoming a Brand Warrior, then email your cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 8th July 2020.